Our most important values that describe our idea of working with each other are:
- People first: The well-being of people always comes first for us. Everyone should support others in this. As an organisation, we create structures that safeguard us.
- Personal responsibility: Everyone in the company takes full responsibility for resolving their own tensions, organising themselves and finding the best way to do their own work. If needed, we support and coach each other by asking: "What do you need?"
- Commitment: When we take responsibility for something or make commitments, we stick to them. If something changes in our commitments or predictions, we inform all the people who should know.
- Transparency: We make important information within the company transparent. We share all information anyone needs to fulfill their roles and everybody should try their best to avoid information silos. For example, rather than sharing information via DMs in Slack, we prefer to use dedicated channels. Transparency has its limits where legitimate personal interests are at stake. For example, we offer to collect and anonymize feedback before sharing it.
We are also transparent to the outside world to the extent that it does not harm the company or any of us individually or leaks sensitive information.
- Open, polite and constructive communication: We talk to each other, not about each other. We say what we think, but try not to hurt other’s feelings. We do our very best to speak to each other in a non-violent way and give each other regular feedback in a constructive way. We all are always open to work out our conflicts and we encounter each other with an open attitude that shows a willingness to learn and compromise.
- Low-ego mindset: We put egos and individual interests behind common goals and the purpose of the company in our joint work. If our own strong egos show up, we point them out to each other and learn from them.
- Consent is king: We decide on our own responsibility and ask for objections. Where there is no immediate harm, we try things out and correct our decision later if necessary.
- Safe space: Working involves mistakes from time to time and also failure. We want to create and hold a safe space, where mistakes can be talked about openly and without fear. We agree that we hold mistakes and failure free of blame, as they are the basis of our learning and further development.
- Impact: In everything we do, we strive above all to create the maximum impact in the long term in terms of our purpose.
- Remain pioneers: Our aspiration is to always be a few steps ahead of the mainstream. This includes constantly educating ourselves, as well as continuously trying out new practices and ideas on ourselves.
All behaviour in the company should be in line with these values. Where ever deviations become apparent, we give each other feedback.