Hi! 👋 Nice to meet you!
Do you like money? Who are we kidding, who doesn’t like money? 💰 Well we are looking for someone to help us build a finance department in a young German based start-up. If you think you have math skills and want to help build a rich team🤑, keep reading.
Vertrical is an international, Germany based software developing and consulting company with a 100% remote setup. We develop cloud platform solutions mainly in the digital health sector.
We are a group of like-minded people who have effective relationships with satisfied and loyal clients. We are committed to understanding both the engineering and the health sector intimately, by crafting solid and highly scalable software. We enjoy a challenge and thrive on new and edgy tasks in the fields of data science, data security, devops, front- and backend engineering in web, desktop or mobile solutions.
As a diverse company, we are aiming to create a highly empathetic environment and diversity in gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, race, ethnicity, and any other groups.
Being an international company, we learn a lot from each other culturally and this aligns with our company values on diversity and ensuring everyone is heard.
As an experienced finance operations lead, you're the one keeping track of our financial health 💸🧑⚕️. This will include overseeing and assessing our financial operations. Some of the tasks that you’ll be in charge of will be payroll, expenses, invoicing work and company transactions. You’ll also forecast financial results, create and oversee budgets. Accuracy and an eye for improvement is a must, as you will monitor the financial performance of the company and provide precise reports and presentations to the senior management. In addition to continuously improving profitability, you will manage and evaluate investments and allocate our resources. With your deep understanding of how business works your responsibility will be to assess the financial risk of the company and implement steps to reduce it.
As mentioned before, we do not have a big finance department. Thus, you could be the one to build it according to your best professional knowledge and personal desires. The goal will be to have supportive and appreciative colleagues who will listen to your ideas and goals and help you build a great finance team. Of course, in line with the company vision 😜.
And as a young start-up we are happy to offer you to grow as we do. If you are searching for the opportunity that allows you to develop into more responsibility or a leadership position, then this is the right place.
Are you passionate about working with accounts? Do you love giving strategic advice on financial risks and opportunities? Then keep reading because this may be the role for you!
Our ideal new colleague is willing to take on responsibility and has a strong desire for building up and leading our finance department. So, we are seeking a great problem-solver, who can foresee financial situations while also communicating with empathy and conviction. You could be 💫the one💫 for the job if you shout "yes" to a lot of the following:
- You have experience in finance operations, controlling, tax consulting or a similar position in an international environment
- You understand the German language. In this position, you will have a lot of contact with authorities and will need to be able to read and understand German documents
- Working in finance is your passion❤️🔥 - you love working with numbers, you are aware of how important your voice is and you have a solid understanding of financial management and accounting (e.g. knowledge in IFRS (US GAAP), HGB and group accounting)
- Budgeting and liquidity management are your thing and you also know how to create and control invoices
- You revel in the challenges of a start-up because you are a problem solver with strong analytical skills and a good sense of possibilities and opportunities
- For you, leading means putting your employees first, valuing open communication, and providing an environment in which every single one can flourish and succeed
- You have what it takes to build and manage a finance department in a young German based start-up with 5 subsidiaries in India, Serbia, UK, US and Colombia
- Working with entrepreneurial and motivated people, in a fast-paced, ambitious and highly collaborative environment is exactly what you are looking for
- You have a hands-on approach and you are ready to contribute your professional experience and ideas to the company's goals
- Munich is an attractive city to you and you could imagine traveling to Munich occasionally to contact banks or tax agencies
Of course no one can tick all the boxes (I mean if you can, we should remove this posting now because you’re hired! 😉), but if a lot of these traits sound like you we’d like to chat! Also, any great knowledge of accounting software is really a plus. We all love a spreadsheet!🤓
👉About working at Vertrical
We all don’t like cheap talk, right? We could try to explain at great length about our really fantastic and talented team, flexible working hours and our outstanding positive company culture. But instead we are open to chat about everything you are interested in with you. Just reach out and we will be happy to get in contact. 🤜🤛
But what is seriously very important to us and therefore should not go unmentioned:
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at Vertrical, we believe in equality and embrace diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome and be the true and best versions of themselves.
Wow, that was a lot to read. Now that you've made it this far, we would love to see your application.
Please note: Due to legal limitations, we can only offer this remote position to someone based in Germany or the UK.