Hi! 👋 Nice to meet you!
Do you like money? Who are we kidding, who doesn’t like money? 💰 Well we are looking for someone to help us with finance operations in a young German based start-up. If you think you have math skills and a flexible, "out of the box"- mindset, please keep reading.
Vertrical is an international, Germany based software developing and consulting company with a 100% remote setup. We develop cloud platform solutions mainly in the digital health sector.
We are a group of like-minded people who have effective relationships with satisfied and loyal clients. We are committed to understanding both the engineering and the health sector intimately, by crafting solid and highly scalable software. We enjoy a challenge and thrive on new and edgy tasks in the fields of data science, data security, devops, front- and backend engineering in web, desktop or mobile solutions.
As a diverse company, we are aiming to create a highly empathetic environment and diversity in gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, race, ethnicity, and any other groups.
Being an international company, we learn a lot from each other culturally and this aligns with our company values on diversity and ensuring everyone is heard.
As an experienced finance operations specialist, you're the one keeping track of our financial health 💸🧑⚕️. This will include overseeing and assessing our financial operations. Some of the tasks that you’ll be in charge of will be payroll, expenses, invoicing work and company transactions. Accounting will also be part of your responsibilities and you may even forecast financial results and create and oversee budgets. Accuracy and an eye for improvement is a must, as you will monitor the financial performance of the company and provide precise reports and presentations to the senior management. In addition to continuously improving profitability, you will manage and evaluate investments and allocate our resources. With your understanding of how business works your responsibility will be to assess the financial risk of the company and implement steps to reduce it.
And as a young start-up we are happy to offer you to grow as we do. If you are searching for the opportunity that allows you to develop into more responsibility or a leadership position, then this is the right place.
Are you passionate about working with accounts? Do you love giving strategic advice on financial risks and opportunities? Then keep reading because this may be the role for you!
Our ideal new colleague is willing to take on responsibility and has a strong desire for building up and leading our finance department. So, we are seeking a great problem-solver, who can foresee financial situations while also communicating with empathy and conviction. You could be 💫the one💫 for the job if you shout "yes" to a lot of the following:
- You have experience in finance operations, controlling, tax consulting or something similar in an international environment
- You understand the German language. In this position, you will have a lot of contact with authorities and will need to be able to read and understand German documents
- Working in finance is your passion❤️🔥 - you love working with numbers and you have a solid understanding of financial management and accounting (e.g. knowledge in IFRS (US GAAP), HGB and group accounting)
- You know how to create and control invoices, you are skilled when it comes to accounting and you are familiar with payrolls
- You revel in the challenges of a start-up because you are a problem solver with strong analytical skills and a good sense of possibilities and opportunities
- You have what it takes to work in the finance department of a young German based start-up with 5 subsidiaries in India, Serbia, UK, US and Colombia and you are eager to learn more about the different financial issues of the countries
- Munich is a city you can imagine to visit occasionally to get in contact with banks or the tax agency
- Working with entrepreneurial and motivated people, in a fast-paced, ambitious and highly collaborative environment is exactly what you are looking for
- You have a hands-on approach and you are ready to contribute your professional experience and ideas to the company's goals
Of course no one can tick all the boxes (I mean if you can, we should remove this posting now because you’re hired! 😉), but if a lot of these traits sound like you we’d like to chat! Also, any great knowledge of accounting software is really a plus. We all love a spreadsheet!🤓
👉About working at Vertrical
We all don’t like cheap talk, right? We could try to explain at great length about our really fantastic and talented team, flexible working hours and our outstanding positive company culture. But instead we are open to chat about everything you are interested in with you. Just reach out and we will be happy to get in contact. 🤜🤛
But what is seriously very important to us and therefore should not go unmentioned:
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at Vertrical, we believe in equality and embrace diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome and be the true and best versions of themselves.
Wow, that was a lot to read. Now that you've made it this far, we would love to see your application.
Please note: Due to legal limitations, we can only offer this remote position to someone based in Germany or the UK.