Hi! 👋 Nice to meet you!
Vertrical is an international, Germany based software developing and consulting company for cloud platform solutions mainly in the digital health sector.
We are a group of like-minded people who have effective relationships with satisfied and loyal clients. We are committed to understanding both the engineering and the health sector intimately. We craft solid and highly scalable software and thrive on new and edgy tasks in the fields of data science, data security, devops, front- and backend engineering in web, desktop or mobile solutions.
As a diverse company, we are aiming to create a highly empathic environment and diversity in gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, race, ethnicity, and any other groups.
Working in multiple timezones, we are able to learn a lot from each other, which we enjoy in our everyday working life. With our company values and people-representing diversity, we make sure everybody is heard.
You will be joining a team of Business Analysts that values:
being a bridge between the business/product teams and the development teams and ensuring that business requirements are captured as user stories with the correct level of details that empower the development teams to confidently deliver;
- not being a secretary and simply collecting and running with whatever is stated as requirements – but instead analyzing, validating, refining and where necessary challenging and pushing back on requirements based on a solid analysis of customer cost and benefit; and
- working alongside user experience designers and ensuring that the proposed designs are properly aligned to the requirements of their corresponding user stories.
As an experienced business analyst with great analysis and communication skills, you will be working in an agile multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and quality assurance engineers focused on the delivery of projects.
Your main responsibilities will be to
analyze and organize
break down epics/features into user stories, working with technical as well as subject matter experts (SME),
prioritize the backlog,
track progress and be ready to answer client questions,
- ensure that stories track back to outcomes and deliver real value for our end users,
- ensure an audit trail of delivering user needs and business requirements through Jira, Confluence, and other relevant tools
- work with the development team to ensure that the stories are implemented effectively and deliver the user needs/meet requirements,
explain your analysis clearly, particularly to both the development and QA teams,
- work with the wider BA community to ensure high-quality delivery and continuously learn from and improve analysis practice,
- work closely with other key members of staff both in the immediate and wider business to ensure all necessary development roll out actions are considered and actioned
- ensure that handovers are smooth,
- facilitate analysis sessions, making sure that you are drawing out critical input
enrich refinement and planning sessions with input from the BA perspective, and
remove impediments and bottlenecks to the development Team by acting as the first point of contact for queries and other project related questions.
You want to do even more?
We are also currently looking to ramp up our BA, QA, and SE remote Teams in the US and work with them on a major software development project.
While we expect all of our staff to at least align with the following, as a lead business analyst, you can pick up these additional responsibilities:
- take on the aspect of a project management as well in an environment of self-organized Teams,
- provide advice and guidance to stakeholders, both on the client and the internal side,
empower and protect the delivery Teams from scope creep and overload,
- work with internal QA and development Teams as well as the client to improve processes, and
- build a rapport with the Teams and the company, perpetuating our culture and values through leading by example.
Finally, what would you like to know about working at Vertrical?
We all don’t like cheap talk, right? We could try to explain at great length about our really fantastic and talented team, flexible working hours and our outstanding positive company culture. But instead we are open to chat about everything you are interested in with you. Just reach out and we will be happy to get in contact.
But what is seriously very important to us and therefore should not go unmentioned:
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at Vertrical, we believe in equality and embrace diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome and be the true and best versions of themselves.
If you think we match your criteria as well, please get in touch, we love to hear from you.